Policy 7090 Implementation Procedures - Transfer of Teachers
A teacher being recommended for administrative transfer will be notified by the principal no later than two weeks before the end of the voluntary transfer window, when possible. This will allow the teacher to apply for a voluntary transfer under the provisions of the negotiated agreement if the teacher chooses to do so.
The principal should notify the teacher in a private setting at the end of the teaching day.
If requested, the principal will notify the teacher in writing about the reasons for the recommendation.
A teacher being administratively transferred may express a preference for an alternative placement. If requested, a list of open positions identified by field or qualification will be provided.
The processes used for voluntary and involuntary transfers are established by the HCPSS Office of Human Resources in compliance with the terms of the Master Agreement between the Board of Education of Howard County and the Howard County Education Association (HCEA) and are communicated annually through standard communication channels.
Policy 7090 implementation procedures will be overseen by the Department of Human Resources.
ADOPTED: November 22, 1994
REVIEWED: February 24, 2022
MODIFIED: November 3, 2022
REVISED: March 12, 2009
EFFECTIVE: November 3, 2022
Policy History Key
- Adopted-Original date the Board took action to approve a policy
- Reviewed-The date the status of a policy was assessed by the Superintendent’s Standing Policy Group
- Modified-The date the Board took action to alter a policy that based on the recommendation of the Superintendent/designee did not require a comprehensive examination
- Revised-The date the Board took action on a that policy based on the recommendation of the Superintendent/designee needed a comprehensive examination
- Effective-The date a policy is implemented throughout the HCPSS, typically July 1 following Board action.