Policies and Procedures
COVID Recovery Policy Impacts
The policies listed below have been temporarily modified during SY20-21 to support COVID-19 recovery needs:
Board of Education Policies
This website contains fully accessible, mobile-friendly, searchable policy information for unofficial use. The official Board of Education adopted policy documents are available on the Board's BoardDocs website in PDF format (select Policies from the top menu).
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education. At the direction of the Board, the Superintendent and the school system administrative staff develop policies and administrative procedures to support policy decisions. Development and revision of policies follow Policy 2020 Policy Development and Adoption.
The policies are assigned by category series as follows:
- 1000 Series: Foundations And Basic Commitments
- 2000 Series: School Board Governance and Operations
- 3000 Series: General School Administration
- 4000 Series: Fiscal Management
- 5000 Series: Support Services
- 6000 Series: Facilities Planning And Development
- 7000 Series: Human Resources
- 8000 Series: Instruction
- 9000 Series: Students
- 10000 Series: School and Community Involvement
Policies Under a Full Review and/or Development
- Policy 1050 Tobacco-Free Environment
- Policy 2060 Advisory Committees to the Board of Education
- Policy 3030 Research Involving Employees and Students
- Policy 4070 Fund Balance
- Policy 4100 Investment
- Policy 5200 Pupil Transportation
- Policy 5220 School Bus Contracts and School Bus Personnel
- Policy 6010 School Attendance Areas
- Policy 7040 Alcohol and Noncontrolled Substance Abuse by Employees
- Policy 7050 Drug Use by Employees: Illegal Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia and Controlled Substances
- Policy 8090 Non-School-Hour Curricular Programs (2-year review)
- Policy 9020 Students’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Policy 9090 Wellness through Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Policy 9230 Alcohol, Other Drugs, Prescription Medication and Over-the-Counter Products
- Policy 9260 Search and Seizure
- Policy 10020 Use of School Facilities
Policies Revised But Not Yet Implemented
These policies and procedures are effective July 1, 2020 unless otherwise noted.
- Policy 2070 Ethics – July 1, 2021
- Policy 7060 Royalties – July 1, 2021
During the development or revision period, comments and suggestions for changes to the policies under review can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be shared with the applicable committee chairs prior to the presentation of the proposed policy report to the Board of Education.
After presentation of the proposed policy to the Board of Education, the public are invited to submit written testimony at least 48 hours prior to the meeting at which the Board is scheduled to take action by email to email@example.com or by letter to the Board of Education Office. The public may also testify in person at the public hearing. Equal consideration is given to written and oral testimony.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.